Boost Your Sex Drive
Testosterone is a hormone made by a man’s testicles. Testosterone surges during puberty and builds a man’s muscles, deepens his voice and boosts the size of his penis and testes. In adulthood, it keeps a man’s muscles and bones strong and maintains his interest in sex. In short, it’s what makes a man feel masculine.
After age 30, men experience a gradual decline in testosterone. A decrease in sex drive sometimes accompanies the drop in testosterone, leading many men to mistakenly believe that their loss of interest in sex is simply due to getting older.
Others signs of low testosterone include:
- Mind: Depression, reduced self-confidence, difficulty concentrating, disturbed sleep
- Body: Declining muscle and bone mass, increased body fat, fatigue, swollen breasts, hot flashes
- Sexual: Lower sex drive, fewer spontaneous erections, difficulty sustaining erections.
At BrandeisMD we offer multiple options for Testosterone Replacement.
- Testosterone Shots – Once a week shots that we teach you to inject yourself
- Testosterone Cream – Once a day cream that you apply yourself
- Testosterone Pellets – Placed below the skin that provide a consistently high dose of Testosterone for 4-6 months.
Make an appointment to discuss the Pros and Cons of each method.
What is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
BHRT pellet therapy is customized to each patient’s unique physiology. This allows us to tailor every treatment to the patient, giving you the greatest possible chances of success.
What can I expect from BHRT?
- First appointment: We will test your current hormone balance.
- Second appointment: We will review your test results together and can begin BHRT pellet insertion therapy (or we can begin during the following session).
- The next round of BHRT pellets can be inserted in 3 to 6 months (depending on a variety of factors).
What is the goal of balancing hormones?
- Returning to the hormone balance you once knew enhances our patient’s sense of wellbeing. In addition to feeling great, balancing hormones may also help reduce the risk of certain diseases.